Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comp Cams custom grind cam model “LE2.2”. I know that Lloyd protects these numbers. I have the cam card and will provide additional information to “serious” buyers only. Please do not request if you are just “curious” out of respect to LE.

I will say that with 1.6 rockers, it has a .60x lift (intake and exhaust) and 230/230 duration. If you are still interested in more data, let me know.

Cam history: I purchased this from the Z28 board a year ago. It has a total of about 3-4 hours of run time on it and is basically new. The PO installed a new 383 and drove it for 1 day before trying to register the car. He could not pass emissions. He pulled the cam and installed a new cam with a higher LSA and passed.

The moral of the story: This is a SMOKIN’ cam, but IS NOT emissions friendly! It will make killer power from 2500 to 6500 RPM. Due to the low LSA, it will chop like a hundred Ginsu chef’s!

I want $160 shipped to lower 48. PayPal preferred. Will ship in next business day after payment.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
909 Posts
Bump for a great cam and good luck with the sale.
(PS if you don't sell it, pm me and I'll buy it! I'll just have to build another one!)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
lol...I think Llyod elliot uses different cam specs and are posted directly on his website. and he posts cam specs all over on ls1tech.com. So i think the secret cam spec thing is over

Ahhh... You are right Ron, but this one is a little different than the ones on his site (even Lloyd says so)... :D

You already know what it is from our other PM exchanges... I am going a slightly different route based on Lloyds recommendations and the work he did on my heads... :D

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Would this be a good match to go with a stock bottom end, LE2 heads, and other standard bolt ons? My gut is yes, but want to make sure.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not the expert on this one Jonathan, I had always intended it for a "big build". I have a guy in the Z28 forum with a well built 350 that is interested and he got feedback from Lloyd stating that it would be a good cam for his build.

Again, this has a very low LSA and will sound wicked, but if you have to deal with emissions, this is not for you. You will definitely want to be running some stout springs and bigger injectors.

Tim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Final bump. $150 shipped to lower 48.

Will go back into my "inventory" for the LT1 to 240Z swap.

PM if interested.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One final thing. I would be interested in trading this cam for a set of 3/8" SA Comp Pro Mags!

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh - Would also be willing to trade this cam for an electric LT1 water pump that is in GOOD shape! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts