Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS-New T409 SLP Coated headers (Sold Pending Payment)

I have a set of somewhat rare New Coated T409 Stainless Steel headers, with air and egr, that have never been installed and purchased from SLP and coated by SLP. Comes with Instuctions These are CARB legal in all 50 states $850.00 plus true shipping. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here so info from SLP
LT1 Stainless Steel / Ceramic Coated Headers!

SLP's 4-into-1 headers are available for the 1994-96 Caprice and Impala SS equipped with V8 Engines. They are guaranteed to produce more torque and horsepower than any other header with the same tube size and application currently available. They offer power gains up to 20 additional horsepower. SLP makes these headers with 1-3/4" O.D. primary tubes for great exhaust flow. These headers are designed to work with factory AIR systems and catalysts. 1994 and early 95 vehicles will require 1 each of GM part # 12552898, # 12552899 and # 10217106 to update the A.I.R. system to later thread design. These headers may not fit with aftermarket angle plug heads.

This high luster, Ceramic coating will lower under hood temperatures and add an awesome "finishing touch" to your engine compartment. It maintains exhaust temperature and velocity - increasing horsepower up to 25 additonal horsepower.

SLP Headers:

Legal for Street Use in ALL 50 States E.O. D-187-10
Offer up to 25 additional horsepower
Easy, bolt on installation
Compatible with all factory emmission equipment
Improved 0-60 MPH and 1/4 mile performance
Mandrel bent .055" wall thickness 409 stainless steel tubing
3/8" thick, investment cast 304 stainless steel flanges for better sealing and longer life

Hope this helps Thanks

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Best shorty ever made for our car.

$850.00 is a bit close to Tri-Y territory.

But, the CARB approval is the key for some folks.

Good Luck with the sale, they do look sweet.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
$850.00 is a bit close to Tri-Y territory.

But, the CARB approval is the key for some folks.......
True on both counts.

Still.....the SLPs are argueably the best shorty headers that were made for our cars.

They may be priced close to Tri-Y territory.....but the performance is close to Tri-Y territory with that added benefit of being CARB legal ;) .

Plus you can use them with stock (or stock-like) cats.

FWIW.

KW

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey remember these at T409 StainlessSteel and the flanges are also Stainless Steel

I did not buy the bolts/bracket/gasket package. I have a few sets of SLP and never used the alt bracket and no problems.

That link was not me, these were the last set SS headers ever made by SLP I bought from them brand new. I still have the box and paper instructions from SLP. I have currently 5 95-96 bbody DCM cars all with either tri-ys or SLP'. (except one 96 SS with 20k im keeping stock) These perform very very well and pass the state and federal inspections and look greatwith using orginal cats.
Im in no hurry to sell them, but if someone wants them let me know.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If im comprehending right then what your saying is tri-ys cannot be bolted on with stock cats correct?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep u will use stock cats and complete legal in all states if u compare apple to apples and add up the cost of 409 triys and triys cats and coating these are half price

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
These are CARB legal in all 50 states.
Actually, they are CARB legal in one state-California.

CARB is part of California's government.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold!

They are sold! Thanks for the interest! I have another new set exactly the same im keeping for future bbody cars. I have a connection over at SLP thats how a bought a few sets that were left.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Has anyone used these with angled plugs? I keep getting different answers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts