Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to add this feature to your Caprice? I did years ago and there is enough info out there on how to do this that's it pretty easy to do with all the parts. I just picked up all the items you would need no matter if you have a 9C1 car or a Standard Caprice.

Here are pics of the entire kit I have for sale. You can see in the 2nd pick that I also grabbed plenty of Pigtail for the HL Switch so you can splice in a wire or 2 if needed. $80 for all.

This is one mod that I'm glad I did after putting it off due to some wiring issues that I later was able to figure out. Attached are a few threads that will walk you through how to do this mod.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/26-electrical/280642-twilight-sentinel-install-step-step-9c1.html

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/26-electrical/285793-ts-install-non-9c1-car.html

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump...

This is a nice Mod to do over the Holidays. :smile2: Your lights come on/off automatically and you never have to touch your HL Switch. With the timer you can also control how long your lights stay on after you shut off the car.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
My impala has been apart for several years (WOW!) while I'm working on it.

During this time I had a 92 Roadmaster as my daily driver. The 92 doesn't have the twilight sentinel...

I swapped my 92 roadmaster for a 95 about 5 months ago. Other than the LT1, the twilight sentinel is the feature I appreciate most about the 95 on a daily basis.

If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing. :)

GLWS

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Have it in the 91 and just never use it. It's either on or off. Most of my driving often is near dusk or sunrise and just need parking lights on. Any chance the later setups take a stepped approach?

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My impala has been apart for several years (WOW!) while I'm working on it.

During this time I had a 92 Roadmaster as my daily driver. The 92 doesn't have the twilight sentinel...

I swapped my 92 roadmaster for a 95 about 5 months ago. Other than the LT1, the twilight sentinel is the feature I appreciate most about the 95 on a daily basis.

If you've never had it, you don't know what you're missing. :)

GLWS
Yeah, my from the factory "low optioned" Caprice never had it. I had bought this setup years ago with the intention of adding the option but when working from GoldSSWagon's install instructions, I realized my car did not have "foam wrapped plug" mentioned in his instructions. So, I chickened out and just gave up on it and Sold the kit to another Local Member. But then it started bothering me why I just never took this mod on and made it work. I've added many other Factory Options to my car and this was one I got "re-determined" to make work. So after picking up another kit, I decided I was going to get this working in my car...no more excuses.

Once I got it figured out, I put together all the details so it should be a pretty easy install for anyone no matter if you have a plain jane Caprice or a 9C1 car. It is one of those nice mods I'm glad I stuck with and did. Like you said, "you don't know what you're missing" if you've never had it. It is nice to have the lights come on/off automatically and stay on for a while longer (if you choose) after shut-off for added security walking across a Parking Lot. I believe there may be Aftermarket Kit's that will do this for you to if you want to wire them up, but with this kit you have a factory fit and finish along with keeping your car GM and it's pretty much Plug n Play.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NY Bumpity...

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price drop - $80

Price drop bump - $80 for kit.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD - Pending Payment.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
**** Sold. *****

SOLD. Payment received, Thank You!

I'll be sending the package out at lunch today and will PM you the tracking info.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw it was delivered and glad all arrived ok. Good luck with the install and let me know if you have any issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts