Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks - I have a 3 year old set of GenII Tri-Y headers here. They were one of the first sets sold when Clear Image began offering them in 2007. They were locally coated with a high heat flat grey and it has not held up, so they really should be recoated, but you could use them as-is if you want. This kit came with the mild steel Gen II headers, hookup pipes (no cats), no A.I.R. and No EGR. Bolts are included but they're also a bit rusty on the heads.

I have a sandblaster loaded with coal slag and it will take this coating off, if you want them sandblasted instead of as-is. That will cost a bit more since it will take a good deal of time to thoroughly blast them. Will also delay shipment, of course.

This setup sells for $815 uncoated, new from CIA today. I'd like to see $500 out of it, + shipping (actual). At that price you can have them recoated and be ahead of the new uncoated price. Gaskets and O2 sensors are not included.

Note: I had some trouble when first installing these as CIA did not clearance the first tube on the driver side for the 2nd bolt. It has room now but you do have to thread that bolt in as you move the header closer to the head. (New sets do not have this problem) Once they are installed there are no problems. As suggested in other places it's best to use Magnecore plug wires with these headers, and you'll need to tweak your ac lines just a bit for a good fit.

Please PM me if you are interested. I'll also listen to trade offers. I'd estimate shipping to be around $40 in the lower 48. You'll pay whatever it costs, no markup.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey I have been looking at the slp headers a member has for sale and I noticed yours as well. What are the differences between the two as far as performance? What else is needed for your pair to be put on? (anything else need to be bought or do they bolt right on without any modifications?) any other members like to chime in on this pair versus the slp shorties?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are a bolt on, everything is there except perhaps some exhaust clamps to hook up to the rest of your system. They should be recoated before use to shield from heat, and it's best to use Magnecore plug wires with these. Since these do not have A.I.R. or EGR you'll need to update your computer program. Whether you can use them on a street car will depend on your local emission laws/testing since there are no Cats or EGR. A.I.R. is legal to disable anywhere on these cars. I think the main difference is going to be that these are more of a long tube vs. the shorties. Long tubes are known for being the best improvement in performance, but for an otherwise stock car you may not notice the difference vs. shortie. I don't have much experience with this so I'll stop there and let the others chime in if they so desire.

NOTE: SALE PENDING

1 - 5 of 5 Posts