Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Bradley Salemie.I think his # was 4048.He used to sell a calibrator for the fuel gauge which read past full when full.It spliced into wire going to gauge.Installed under carpet on drivers side.It was like a reostate and worked perfect.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
The "calibrator" mod is for those who want the gauge to better reflect how much gas is in the tank. Refurbushing the sending unit is much more involved,and requires dropping the tank,etc. If I was replacing a fuel pump. Then,I'd consider doing this. Otherwise,I'm reluctant to go through all that just to end up with pretty much the same outcome.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Does anybody know if Bradley Salemie.I think his # was 4048.He used to sell a calibrator for the fuel gauge which read past full when full.It spliced into wire going to gauge.Installed under carpet on drivers side.It was like a reostate and worked perfect.
PM Sent

Are you looking to buy one? I have one from my '96 9C1 that I wrecked. It worked great and definitely helped.

I have it in the attic, and would sell it to ya if you like.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Wonder if there is enough interest for a Group Purchase of these?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.