Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am putting my motor back together after getting to back from the machine shop and have new o rings for the fuel injectors. I understand the o ring replacement but there is also a plastic type ring that comes with the injector o rings. The old plastic rings on the injectors have a break to them where they can be slid off the injector. The new ones do not as in they are complete solid around. Do these break when sliding onto the injector or am I supposed to cut a slit in them to slide over the injectors? What is the deal to installing them?

·
Registered
540 Posts
On my car they were all brittle and fell apart as soon as i tried to slide them off. I left them off completely and it's been fine, I don't think they have a function beyond identification.

·
Registered
429 Posts
On my car they were all brittle and fell apart as soon as i tried to slide them off. I left them off completely and it's been fine, I don't think they have a function beyond identification.
Same here. basically fell off when I removed the rail. Went ahead and removed them all, no problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated

Appreciate the time and info guys. Dont know what Id do without the help from all you guys on this board. Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts