Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, so my problem is that one of the fuses of injectors keeps blowing right away. It happened before and I looked around for a short along the wiring for the injectors everything looks good. Next, I looked around the ECM (PCM? whatever) removed and inspected the plugs for a burn mark or something, nothing! to my surprise, when I plugged it back in and replaced the fuse it worked! but now it's back and tried the same thing but no luck. As soon as i put a new one and start the car it blows. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Electrical issues are not really my realm, but maybe its a shorted injector causing the issue? I'm just spitballing here, but maybe you could unplug all the injectors and install a new fuse and see what happens when you turn the key on. If it doesn't blow, then plug them in one by one and see if/when the fuse pops. Might narrow it down at least... I'm sure others will chime in with better suggestions though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Electrical issues are not really my realm, but maybe its a shorted injector causing the issue? I'm just spitballing here, but maybe you could unplug all the injectors and install a new fuse and see what happens when you turn the key on. If it doesn't blow, then plug them in one by one and see if/when the fuse pops. Might narrow it down at least... I'm sure others will chime in with better suggestions though.
I tried to get a look at the injectors and their connectors, they seemed ok with good resistance. I gave up and called a shop who happens to have an electrician, told me that could be a short between the injectors' wires inside the loom, so he'll just check them out and maybe fix the whole harness if it's that bad. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts