Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are some good fuel injectors to use beside the factory i have and 94 impala ss with
mild cam
built trans
2500 stall
1.6 roller rockers
K&N cold air intake
LT4 ram air intake
Eaton Posi Unit With 373 Gears

Also Can Some One give Me And Good Outline As to what to fill in on the pcmforless order sheet
Can Someone Tell Me Some Mild Cams With Part Number

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
What are some good fuel injectors to use beside the factory......
If you can find them, Ford SVO injectors......24LB or 30LB.

But.....no need to do this if your stockers are currently working OK. Your current set-up doesn't require an injector upgrade.

Oh yeah......with stock heads.....Comp Cams-501, Crane Cams-227 or GMPP 845 Cam.

KW

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both,
i saw the ford svo injectors do u have the part number ?????
can someone tell me what and mild cam is and what does it do ????
i went to the shop and they told me my car sounds like it has and mild cam in it cause of the way it was looping and i have no idea what kind of cam is in my car due to the fact that the guy i bought it from died not to long ago
my current injectors i think are shot well at least 2 ot 3 of them, my car misses, sputters and sometimes backfires like crazy and now its so bad that today sometimes it misses and it cuts all the way out like the car is off and the volt hand drops and then picks back up im going to change the wire harness this weekend to see if that was and problem
my car runs better without the etc plug pluged in

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sounds like your opti spark is going out to me. That will cause all of the symptom's you mentioned.

Get your car scanned before you start dumping money into parts that you may not need.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking the same thing and i had it scanned like 3 weeks ago and this came up 12 silent codes
83-Torque Converter Quad Driver
26-Evap Purge Control
16-Low Resolution pulse
42-Est Ground
41-Est Open
36-High Resolution
48-Mass Air Flow
68-A/c Relay Shorted
18-Injector
51-Ecm Error
15-Coolant Temp
97-4k Pulses Per Mile
no one could tell me what any of this stuff ment only answer i really got was to change the wire harness due to is possible being shortened out or not grounding properly

Sounds like your opti spark is going out to me. That will cause all of the symptom's you mentioned.

Get your car scanned before you start dumping money into parts that you may not need.

·
Registered
869 Posts
might be best to clear the codes and see what comes back. otherwise could be a grounding issue or pcm to have that many different codes

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do i clear them up
thats the problem they are telling me to change wire harness and also pcm
might be best to clear the codes and see what comes back. otherwise could be a grounding issue or pcm to have that many different codes

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You need to verify the ground on the front of the passneger side of the block behind the alt bracket to the battery is good and not dropping voltage.

If the grounds on the drivers head are "good" Clean and seal them anyway to be sure, and verify good ground from the body to the block, then the block to battery. Too many codes that are unrelated....... Make global changes(source power and ground fixes) then narrow down the circuits.

chris

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
before i even saw what u wrote i was under my hood and i wiggled some wires by my alternator and my car idles up and my volt hand went to where it was supposed to be at so seeing what you wrote imma start with what you said also thanks alot for your help

You need to verify the ground on the front of the passneger side of the block behind the alt bracket to the battery is good and not dropping voltage.YouTube - How to perform a voltage drop test

If the grounds on the drivers head are "good" Clean and seal them anyway to be sure, and verify good ground from the body to the block, then the block to battery. Too many codes that are unrelated....... Make global changes(source power and ground fixes) then narrow down the circuits.

chris

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
im having the same symptoms with my car only when my pcm got scanned i was told i have nothing wrong with my car. Put new spark plugs wires and it was good for about two days before it started again. Takes a few cranks to turn on and then its fine, sometimes after a few cranks itll turn on then sputter and cut off and i try to give it some gas and its almost wanting to stay on then puts out. Other times it just cranks and cranks wont start and i smell something funny like oil or gas. If it was the opti wouldnt it throw a code when it was scanned?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The injectors from the 3.8l sc motors in the gtp's work out to 30 lb'ers when you do the math and they have the proer spray pattern for the GM, as well as the offset voltage tables are readily available.

Chris
A slight correction here, Chris. The injector I recall being used in the Grand Prix with the supercharged 3.8l V6 are Bosch p/n 0280155811, which flow 36 lb/hr at 3 BAR (43.5 PSI). This is a Bosch EV6 injector with the correct electrical terminal (Minitimer connector) to use in our cars. I THINK they were used up to about 2003, when they were changed to something else.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
i was thinking the same thing and i had it scanned like 3 weeks ago and this came up 12 silent codes
83-Torque Converter Quad Driver
26-Evap Purge Control
16-Low Resolution pulse
42-Est Ground
41-Est Open
36-High Resolution
48-Mass Air Flow
68-A/c Relay Shorted
18-Injector
51-Ecm Error
15-Coolant Temp
97-4k Pulses Per Mile
no one could tell me what any of this stuff ment only answer i really got was to change the wire harness due to is possible being shortened out or not grounding properly
I just pulled my 94 wagon off the trailer and had a rough idle. Code 15 & 36 Check engine light was on. What do you mean by silent codes (your CEL should have been on)? Also if speedometer is reading correctly you probably already have a custom tune and with the codes listed you may not have a mild cam at all. Check the opti harness and read this link on troubleshooting http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78
I was able to trace mine down to a bad connection at my opti and opti harness.

im having the same symptoms with my car only when my pcm got scanned i was told i have nothing wrong with my car. Put new spark plugs wires and it was good for about two days before it started again. Takes a few cranks to turn on and then its fine, sometimes after a few cranks itll turn on then sputter and cut off and i try to give it some gas and its almost wanting to stay on then puts out. Other times it just cranks and cranks wont start and i smell something funny like oil or gas. If it was the opti wouldnt it throw a code when it was scanned?
It will only throw a code if the optical sensor is going bad. A bad cap and rotor will not throw a code. I would also check this out http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
They'll work but you'll want to have a tune that's specified for 30LB injectors.

Also.....the injectors will not result in increased engine performance over 24LB injectors; they only provide 'room to grow' your engine system later on down the line.

KW

·
Registered
221 Posts
My brother has the same issue on his 9c1 and when we were under his hood he mistakingly moved the wires to his optispark and the car almost died. So we figure its his opti harness.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks you guys i guess ill stick with my 24lbs then and imma change my opti and cap this weekend along with my wire harness on my motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts