Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys I am sorry need you help again. I'm starting a new thread on the fuel line connectors. I will update the old thread with the correct information once I get it.

The car has been sitting around on jacks for almost 2 months. I had replaced the fuel pump and replaced the fuel line connectors with doorman 800-121 for the larger line and NAPA 730-5617 for the return line (smaller line).
The Dorman 800-120 for the 5/16" fuel line will not go on the stock OEM nylon fuel line.

But today I put it all together. The car started right up the only problem was that the return line the (smaller line) leaks!!!. The diameter of the connector from NAPA is too big. It felt loose when it was on but did not pay too much attention to it. I should of tested this before I put on the line but it's my fault I did not. I told the guy at NAPA I needed the 5/16" connector for the return line.

Now I need to find the right connector. Can someone please help?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I went back to NAPA and got the right connector NAPA 730-5617 plastic connector. Apparently they have more than one size connector with the same part number. The difference being the connection to the sending unit line. So bring your old connector and match it up. The diameter of where the o-ring is inside the connector has to match the old connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts