Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought the 96 SS as a non runner, fixed the fuel tank straps and replaced rotted sending unit and fuel pump.Now I notice the ends of the fuel lines that snap onto the sender lines are missing, theres just rubber lines with no fittings on the ends. Are these lines repairable? Are new lines still available? Are they one piece from sender to fuel rail?
Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Thats how the factory lines are back at the sending unit.

Look inside the rubber part and you will see the connection (unleSS of course someone cut it off because they could not release the connection off the sender correctly).

Not really repairable (in terms of splicing in a new nylon line). Not a very good idea.

The feed line is the piece from the tank to the fuel filter then from the filter to a hidden junction in the front wheel well then up to the rail, so three pieces there. The return line is from the tank all the way up to the hidden junction in the wheel well then up to the rail, two pieces. The FSM does not show the "hidden" junction but its there, trust me, and its there for ease of install on the aSSembly line.

I dont think the feed is available anymore the return may be, at RMS.

Can you post a pic of the rubber line you are looking at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all that info. Cant send a pic right now Im away on business for next couple of weeks. It looks like the end of the line was cut off. The tank straps broke on the last owner and I think he cut the lines off just to get tank out to tow it. Thats how I bought the car. I guess Ill have to start junkyard hunting for the lines. Will be tough cause Ill need to get under the car. Is the hidden junction behind drivers side wheelwell?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts