Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just about everything done for the swap and have gotten tight on money, but may have freed up enough to get myself into a the fuel regulator and fittings to finish my swap...

So, what pressure should I be running for my 5.3 LS swap into a 96 SS. I should be able to use the same pump in the tank and just put a regulator in line, because the LS uses a lower fuel pressure, is that correct?

I have a 2002 5.3 LS motor and an LS1 intake on it.

Thanks, the FAQ has been very helpful with the swap, but i could not find exactly what I am looking for on fuel, and I know it is simple, but for with everything else I have going on right now I can't wrap my head around it, so I just have to ask. I just want to fire the engine before the salvage yard's 6-month warranty is out.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does your fuel rail have the regulator built in (one feed line and one return line hooks on it)? All you have to do is hook your two hoses on it. If it only has one line hookup, you will need a fuel filter off an 04 vette with a built in regulator and rework the lines back by the filter.

LS1 fuel pressure is 58 lbs compared to 40's for an LT1. I changed the stock pump to a walbro pump which works fine for me. Tom

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your fuel rail have the regulator built in (one feed line and one return line hooks on it)? All you have to do is hook your two hoses on it. If it only has one line hookup, you will need a fuel filter off an 04 vette with a built in regulator and rework the lines back by the filter.

LS1 fuel pressure is 58 lbs compared to 40's for an LT1. I changed the stock pump to a walbro pump which works fine for me. Tom
Guess I had it backwards huh? LOL

So if I have a feed line and a return line on the LS1 intake I am all set, no regulator needed? If I only have one-line hookup I need the vette filter with regulator? Got it.

Schweet, I'll get this baby crankin!

Doug

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Correct. If you have the fuel rails with both feed and return, then no need for the regulator, as it has one on the rails. Later on they became fuel line dampners once they converted to returnless systems.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys, I ordered the parts needed from Summit, should have them early next week. Also have a line on a trade for a 60 lbs fuel pump, so i should have this baby covered!

Thanks!

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts