Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the only thing I need to finish my nitrous kit is install the FPSS. I have the NOS dry kit. My question is that I was going to get the nex-15718 FPSS from summit.

Now where would I put this FPSS?? I am running a fuel pressure gauge off the schrader valve. So I am thinking that this has to be ran between the 2 solenoids? Would it go solenoid-regulator-FPSS-solenoid? Someone please help me out with this one.

thankss alot,
greg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well that, and how do i wire it up. I am not using a WOT switch. I am using a MSD digital window switch instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have a dry nitrous system, then you wouldnt have a fuel solenoid. You'd have to install it on schraeder valve, and wire it appropriately so that if the fuel pressure gets below that predetermined point it shuts off your nitrous..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by bad_94_ss:
ok, but what would i wire it into?
If you search for "wiring" in this section, you will find some wiring diagrams. Here is a thread with a typical wiring setup:
Link

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The change I would make to the link is this.
Run the retard yellow wire from the +12V output from the relay to the box. This makes it so you are nor retarding the timing until N2O is flowing.
The rest is cool.
Make sure though that the FPSS is in the ground signal wire to the relay, not the ground, as shown in the link. I have tried to discuss this with some local N2O users, but hey, cant change the mind of someone that knows everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.