Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
When I'm waiting at a stop to make turn, whenever the signal light blinks, I can hear the fuel pump slow down.
It's been doing this for at least 18000 miles (as long as I have owned the car). Is my fuel pump about to fail?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Jack, I can't help with your FP troubles. However, this just may be me though. I've noticed that when a person has a fuel pump problem there appears to be more than one person having some sort of trouble with theirs too. I've also seen the Opti start numerous posts with a question about that thing also.
Again Jack. Sorry I can't help you but this is about the third time this week there has been a fuel pump question. Hope someone can help you out.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I gave my fuel pump a dedicated (not shared) ground...

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Hi guys,
When I'm waiting at a stop to make turn, whenever the signal light blinks, I can hear the fuel pump slow down.
It's been doing this for at least 18000 miles (as long as I have owned the car). Is my fuel pump about to fail?
Thanks
1Slow - touched on exactly what I was thinking in reading your Post. I immediately went to some sort of Ground issue going on with the Pump that is affected when you use your Turn Signals.

Grounding and also the internal wiring of this fuel system are problematic on these cars. I went with a Hotwire Harness from Racetronix which has a separate Ground and Hotwire for the pump.

There are numerous tests you can do that are outlined in other threads that talk about wiring and testing the Fuel Pump circuit. I would try to focus attention on the wiring at the tank and in the Rear Connector at the bumper and the ground wire in the trunk. Also don't forget the Prime Override wire for testing the pump and see if this can affect what you are seeing with the T/S on. Also see if you can hook up a pressure gauge to actually monitor what Fuel Pressure is doing while signals are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts