Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown2: Hi everyone.
Fuel pump died and was on the market for a replacement.
I knew I needed an AC Delco EP376 for our cars so I ended up in eBay using that part number.
Came across an add that advertised an AC Delco unit and referenced these numbers: ACDELCO# EP375 / EP376 - AIRTEX# E3265.

All our cars 94-96 also came up in their compatibility page so I went ahead and bought it.
Now that I got it, I notice the following:

It's an AC Delco fuel pump alright but it's the ADVANTAGE Line, similiar to what this gentleman bought when he looked for the EP381:

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/2-engine-performance/1259497-warning-ep381-bgv00381-not-same.html

Since I was looking for an EP376, the number for mine is different than that one shown in link above.
I got AC Delco BGV00240
GM 19237632

Not much comes up when you google either number which makes me wonder if it would work in our cars. Has anyone installed these AC Delco ADVANTAGE FUEL PUMPS?
I was looking forward to replacing the pump this weekend but hesitant to use this pump.

Would any of you have any feedback about these fuel pumps?

Thanks for your time.
frank

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
If it was me I'd return it. According to info I found appears it's a common 4/6cyl pump. Only one v8 listing for 4.1 Cadillac engine.
Also does NOT interchange w/ any other part# like EP376.
Some eBay sellers interchange info is totally wrong. Always best to verify.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone got a pic of a used one

Thank you both.
I'd like to return it but I'd like to convince this seller it's not interchangeable. I thought I had saved a picture of a stock EP376 fuel pump (used) but can't find it.
Do any of you have one handy? If so, could I use it? Stock AC Delco EP376 fuel pumps bring a small bracket which this one doesn't bring.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ebay shouldn't question you wanting to return if the seller puts up a fight.
Fact is the pump was NOT an interchange/equivalent as listed.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Returning it

Thanks guys. Babywag, that is the same picture I shared with him. Told him there were so many differences I was not willing to take any risks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts