Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I ordered a pump harness for my fuel pump. An Airtex. Right after I did the order the thought struck me that with my set up I may need more pressure. I've searched on here and found nothing concerning my question. So here it is. I've done some up grades to my LO5. Heads, cam, exhuast and a 46 MM TBI. I already have a 255 LPH pump sitting here but it's a TBI pump. Should I get an LT1 pump for the increased pressure? I'm going to put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it. Also, should I get the LT1 sending unit? I really don't know the difference between them other than the stock numbers.
Thanks all,

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some good info for GM fuel pumps-
TBI Fuel Pumps Specifications and Regulator Springs!!
I went with the EP 377 in my TBI wagon. I used the original sending unit, the pump fit without any issues and I have run it as high as 32ish PSI.
That was quick and it's almost painless $$$ wise. I searched last night and some more before I posted. OC, You da man!!!! Thanks a ton & Mrs. Snowman thanks you too. Well kinda.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OC, I appreciate all the links and I have saved them. Reading about the 377 pump I saw that it only flows 27 GPH (=108LPH) & 50 PSI. I have been under the impression that a 255 LPH would be the way to go here. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the sending units.
Thanks again,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts