Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I already knew I was going to have problems with my fuel pump because when I moved my key foward 2 clicks I didn't hear my fuel pump making the buzz noise it's suppose to, I've noticed it's only doing this is the morning time leaving me stranded and not able to go to work. Well I popped my hood and jiggled my fuel pump relay chip around and tried again and it was working but she would start up and die right away, I think I flooded my car pumping the gas to much...

I know my car runs like a beast but I'm having problems with my fuel pump and think it's failing because it works on and off. also the kid I bought the car off of said he replaced the fuel pump not to recent and I think he installed it wrong and didn't replace the strainer or something I really don't know. what do you guys think? I might just go to autozone and buy a new relay chip and hopefully that's the problem, and I can tell the relay chip was replaced before because it's a aftermarket one.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Could be the connectors inside the tank. They have a habit of melting and making poor contact. There is a lone red wire with a black connector on hanging around by the fuse and relay box under the hood. Plug a piece of wire into it and jump it to the auxillary battery post. This will run direct current to the FP. If the pump still doesnt run, then the problem most likely something inside the tank bad FP and/or wiring. Also check the black ground wire inside the trunk bolted to the driver side hinge support (make sure it's tight).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts