Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a DTC 55 (Fuel System Lean). The car has 153,xxx on it and I have no idea about the provenance of the pump. So I have decided to replace the fuel pump, filter and in-tank wiring harness. While I am under there, I will do axle seals and shocks. My question is: which FP should I buy? Rock Auto prices (w/o shipping) Airtex $55.79 Bosch $77.79 Delphi $76.89 AC/Delco $ 80.89 Denso $92.79 Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Most will tell you to go with the Delphi or AC Delco for reliability.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel Pump Update

Checked fuel pressure on the old pump and got a whopping 20 psi with the FP regulator vacuum disconnected.

Dropped the tank and installed the new Delphi unit with a new harness. Soldered the wires and decided NOT to recalibrate the fuel level gauge because it looked like something that I could really mess up by trying to make things a little better.

Anyway, I fired up the car while it was still on the jackstands in the back and the fuel pressure read 10 PSI !!!!! Then I remembered I had run the tank quite low prior to the removal and I added 2-3 gallons from the lawnmower gas can and the pressure came up to 45 psi. Whew!!

Car runs great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts