Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired the car (94 SS) up this morning to go get a coffee and I made it about 20 feet and it stalled. Go to turn it over and I don't hear the fuel pump. Car sits for a few minutes and try again and it starts but then stalls right away. Also smells a bit rich when it does start so its kind of got me thinking a sensor or something.
I have been getting the cel coming on over the last couple of days. Comes on and off but no problems with it running all though last night it seemed to stumble for a second on the high way.
All my tools and my manual are at the shop so was wondering if anyone has had this problem and could bounce a few ideas around as to what it might be.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Fired the car (94 SS) up this morning to go get a coffee and I made it about 20 feet and it stalled. Go to turn it over and I don't hear the fuel pump. Car sits for a few minutes and try again and it starts but then stalls right away. Also smells a bit rich when it does start so its kind of got me thinking a sensor or something.
I have been getting the cel coming on over the last couple of days. Comes on and off but no problems with it running all though last night it seemed to stumble for a second on the high way.
All my tools and my manual are at the shop so was wondering if anyone has had this problem and could bounce a few ideas around as to what it might be.
Thanks.
1. Are you sure you have got gas? The gauge may be wrong.
2. Try to turn ignition ON several times before starting the engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Are you sure you have got gas? The gauge may be wrong.
2. Try to turn ignition ON several times before starting the engine.

Ya I filled it up last night.
Kind of been turning the key on and off trying to hear if the fuel pump is kicking on. It wont start then but if it sits for a few minutes it will fire right up but stall right away. (Thats where it has me puzzled.)
I swapped the relay with one from the other car so its not the relay.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Definitely check the fuel pressure at the rail, does the CEL blink when it is running?
+1. Then see the second sticky in this section - Diagnostics - no start.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No the cel was just staying on. Sometimes it would stay on for 5 minutes sometimes longer. Would always clear if I shut it off and fired it up again. All the code readers I have seen around here are obd 2 so I haven't picked one up yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts