Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a kit that will allow me to feed both sides at once. i remember reading somthing bout it somewhere but i cant seem to find it when i need it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There was a recent article in a magazine about this. I think it was in GM High Tech & Perf., but don't quote me on that.

It didn't sound to hard to do. You need an aftermarket regulator, some fitings and lines. The hardest part seemed to be welding a fitting into the end of one of the fuel rails.

Maybe someone has the article and can post which mag and issue.

:cool: :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't hard but you need a few things.

Aftermarket fuel pressure regulator
"Y" splitter
AN adaptors to weld on the fuel rails and some AN line.

From the fuel, it goes to the regulator. The out is split with the "Y" and each end goes to the rails. You can keep the crossover tube if you want. Don't forget to plumb the return line back to the tank.

There are some adaptors to use the stock lines with AN fittings. If you're plumbing a whole new fuel/return lines, the this isn't needed. Most people use -8 to regulator and -6 to rails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a shot of my rails:

My plan is 8 AN from the tank split to two 8 AN lines at the rails. Then from the 6 AN fitting on the one rail to the regulator then back to the tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by mess21:
whats the point of doin this??? as far as i know the stock fuel rail set up is good for around 500hp???
Well for one, a serious forced induction application will require a serious fuel supply. In my case, I'm putting in a cell and Aeromotive fuel system so while switching over to AN fitting stuff it just makes sense to do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by FaSSt Enough:
CMoney,
those fuel rails looks familiar. :D
Lol
They're perfect for what I'm planning so I'm glad I was able to snatch them up. I picked up an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump to feed them and it's the size of a small child! I have a feeling those rails will get plenty of fuel. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.