Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The larger, closest to the front fuel quick connect fitting that snaps onto the fuel rail seems to have one damaged O ring, Figures, 25 years old, ethanol fuel.

I remember seeing varying solutions on how to pick out the O rings and what O rings worked and which ones were too small but it seems the internet got censored and little to no returns pop up when searching. Web pages go down links change ETC.

If anyone knows What size what part and Where to get for the Feed and Return quick connect O rings w/o replacing the whole steel fitting, let me know I think one fitting is 3/8 and the other is 5/16 might as well replace both.

Oh In cool news I have 4 leaking multi techs. 2 on bank 2 on the other. Wonder why the MPG sucks and the crankcase reeks like gas. I might go with Bosch 3 injectors. Wonder how that is going to wok out on a mostly stock car 24lb of course.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up buying a fitting and ill try to open it up and rob the O rings out, then ill try to save my old ones and see if the "Good young kid" at napa is still there

Hopefully I can pick them out. Anyone know if the springed lock piece also has to be removed to extract the 2 o rings? The fuel leak "went away" but the inner most o ring IS rough looking. I do not trust it When I was twisting around the fuel rail I heard the satisfying "Psssssstttttt" noise and noticed fuel dripping out of the fitting.

Oooo Engine bay looks pretty!

Hopefully Bosch 3 fuel injectors don't mess it up, Its a stock engine but again 4 of these multi techs drip when they are cold and they are static pressurized. I had so much fuel in one cylinder even w/o priming the engine the car wanted to fire w/o fuel injectors in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I picked them out and putting in new ones. Really easy job. Quick connect fits real nice now. Trick is have a straight pick tool that is worn or damaged from use, slight bend on it. Work the back o ring out first. use the pick and circle around it. Place in the new back o ring. Then do the same on the front O ring. Then use a flat bade screw driver an make sure both o rings are really mashed into the grooves. Drop of engine oil is good to put on them too. Oh u need to remove the steel lock tab too but that too just picks out easy and a little bend gets it back in

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The plastic or the metal fitting work as long as they are the same size. U can get bulk O rings the same size however. I need to match more up and ill redo the whole car eventually for safety Should of kept the picture of the damaged O ring. It was swollen. Trick is, rear O ring first. Then its a breeze takes 2 minutes.

Ill cut a few of junkyard cars to practice some more Kinda wanna get a set of those lock tabs that they put on newer GM's too additional securement. They should fit. They co over the fitting and clip onto the line. Looks fancy

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
I just want to butt in here. Is what you're looking for something like this? Might be a little more than you want to go to because of having to go with braided lines. I'm just trying to follow along. https://www.jegs.com/i/Earls/361/991965/10002/-1 They are made in 3/8 inch and other colors too.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
976 Posts
The plastic or the metal fitting work as long as they are the same size. U can get bulk O rings the same size however. I need to match more up and ill redo the whole car eventually for safety Should of kept the picture of the damaged O ring. It was swollen. Trick is, rear O ring first. Then its a breeze takes 2 minutes.

Ill cut a few of junkyard cars to practice some more Kinda wanna get a set of those lock tabs that they put on newer GM's too additional securement. They should fit. They co over the fitting and clip onto the line. Looks fancy
If possible post o-ring sizes/measurements.
I bought bulk and sold extras in kit for rail crossover tube & regulator.
Have some left and wondering if they're the same sizes?

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The clippy things, yes. The LSX engine that is in a truck around here (return less) has the same thing Ill go rob some off a junkyard truck. Probably 100% unnecessary but they look cool.

Yea ill post the size. They could be the same O rings for the crossover I should change those. When i swap my injectors maybe ill remove them and see if they are the same, kinda dont want to thought incase I spring another leak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts