Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on the engine side too.

Hey Gang:

Here's a question for the group. 1994 Fleetwood, on hard turns with less than a half a tank of gas, I'm getting hestitation/sputtering. It is more noticeable on left hand turns than on right. If the tank is full ... no problems either way ... but once it gets close to half a tank ... cough cough cough ... if I'm hitting the off/on ramp aggressively. Now I'm not trying to auto-cross ... but this is annoying to say the least.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

:confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you the original owner??

IF.. Someone had changed the fuel punp, the pickup may be higher than it was originally. A fuel pressure test gauge (with hose) hooked to the schraeder valve behind the LT-1 intake and laying against the windshield will allow you to see if fuel pressure is dropping during these turns and if this is your problem..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to go lower than a half tank of gas? My car would show a 1/4 tank of gas when in fact I was on fumes... Maybe its a bad sender unit and its reading incorrectly. I have a fuel pressure guage but I dont know how far you are from Brooklyn NY. LMK if you want to come through.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
change your fuel filter, that happen to me when i was driving from oregon back on the caddy that i bougth from over there, at half tank it would shut off and burn the fuse, so change you fuel filter adn if that don't do it, bring your tank down and check you fuel pump assembly

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FASSTWOOD:
My car would show a 1/4 tank of gas when in fact I was on fumes...
Mine does the same thing. How do you fix it?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the fuel srnding unit.. (not cheap) Now it works nice and my low fuel even blinks when io run it down to zero bars...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts