Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that under WOT(Only!) the PCM could switch from sequential FI, to a Batch fire mode that pulses all 8 injectors at once? But under all other driving conditions the SFI is in full effect.

I understand that in 1996 a law was passed that required all PCMs to be Sequential FI capable, but weren't required to actually use it in the vehicle. This would imply that in the tables, there should be a Batch fire set up, or one could be set up, no?

TIA,
Silas

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
At least on OBD1 they do revert to batch fire at WOT, I have not dug into it much but it was 2500 or 3500rpms, have not heard anything about being able to adjust when it happens.

Tunercat has a constant you can adjust at what TPS% you have it disable the individual fuel trims.

·
Registered
964 Posts
At least on OBD1 they do revert to batch fire at WOT
:confused:

Not that I am any kind of expert, but this is the first time I have heard this (and I have been around LT1 programming since the early days of the PCM disassembly). Not that it really matters since the injectors are going to be open WAY longer than the intake valve. Any evidence? I can't find any by reading through the LT1_Edit mail list archives or a quick Google.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.