Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the wagon and sedan fuel tank sending units the same? And does any one have the Napa part # for the wagon/sedan unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The wagon and sedan units are different.

Also different depending on year.

I'd call Dal to get the right part number you need.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen guys replace the sending unit because of inacurrate fuel gauges, and that is not the fix all it results in is spending a lot of money for no real improvement. Maybe you want a new one for another reason but thought I would throw this out there since it seems to be the main reason people ask about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 96capriceMGR:
I have seen guys replace the sending unit because of inacurrate fuel gauges, and that is not the fix all it results in is spending a lot of money for no real improvement. Maybe you want a new one for another reason but thought I would throw this out there since it seems to be the main reason people ask about it.
OK......so enlighten us

What is the fix for an inaccurate fuel guage ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hack(as in this forums owner) offers a kit that is supposed to make the gauge much more linear think it costs like $60, someone else is offering a $10 kit that while it may not make it more linear makes an improvement by bringing a full tank down to the full mark as opposed to an 1/8th inch past it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. I had to replace my sending unit, and it did not fix the fuel gauge problem, it just shifted it from reading way low to way high.

Why, you ask, did I have to replace my sending unit? Well, while I was installing new amps in the rear, I DRILLED A HOLE IN A FUEL LINE. Oops. Oh well, live and learn...

c.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Gas-rite fix allows you to adjust the minimum & maximum gauge readings. It's more versatile than Brad's, but it costs more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just know that neither the active fix or Brads passive fix make the gas gauge linear. So my choice is the $15 simple and effective fix.

karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.