Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Brain lock turned Buick Roadmaster into Buick wagon. Berry, berry bad me.
9C1 body bushings morphed into 9C1 for KC4 oil cooler. Not optimal at all.
GU5 is my 3.23 "hopefully" for your car, which it has. Happy day.
To compensate for being mass confused:
The weight distribution of the WAGON is actually better than for the sedan. To make the WAGON even closer to 50/50
weight distribution, use an Eibach Pro Kit and by mostly changing the rake, BETTER weight distribution! Firm or very firm
shocks will be needed to keep the springs healthy. The Hotchkis or similar WAGON rear sway bar works well with any big
front sway bar. All sedan rear bars don't fit Welded F-body Pro Touring front frame brace will nicely balance a welded in tow bar. Great tires and you have a fine handling WAGON!

Registered
Not that I care, I'll be ripping out the L05 in favor of a 6.5TD over the winter anyways 馃ぃ
That鈥檚 awesome. Hope you document it here as you go.

I assume you have noticed the Duramax swapped wagon here as well. Fixuntilbroke has been sharing a lot of info on his build.

I thought of doing the same thing with the 6.5TD. But I already have too many irons in the fire. Are you going with mechanical (DB2) or electronic (DS4) pump?

Premium Member
To make the WAGON even closer to 50/50
weight distribution, use an Eibach Pro Kit and by mostly changing the rake, BETTER weight distribution! Firm or very firm
Or put an aluminum engine in as close to the firewall as you can for 47F 53R.
Cantilevered heavy tail gates certanly help the numbers , but add to pendulum effect.

Registered
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Discussion Starter #24
I assume you have noticed the Duramax swapped wagon here as well. Fixuntilbroke has been sharing a lot of info on his build.
Yep! Been picking his brain. He also contributed to my Audi A4 TDI swap a few years ago, which has been my daily driver for a looong time
Are you going with mechanical (DB2) or electronic (DS4) pump?
I have an entire donor '98 GMC K2500HD with the non-EGR motor in it. It was my wife's daily driver for countless years. It has a bunch of upgrades, including a tuned ECU, marine injectors and a manual boost controller, so I'll likely stick with the DS4 and just do a refresh on the internals of the motor (it has over 330k miles on it). Also the accompanying 4L80E was rebuilt to my custom specs and is in perfect shape, which also makes me want to stick with the electronic controls. The truck started rusting away a long time ago so it's been sitting parked for 7 years. But the motor still roars to life every time I try it and the trans snaps into gear as solidly as ever! The only challenge will be adapting the electronic accelerator in place of the cable-actuated throttle and wiring up the cruise control switches. Maybe I can steal the stalk from the truck...

Registered
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Discussion Starter #25
Cantilevered heavy tail gates certanly help the numbers , but add to pendulum effect.
LOL! I'm pretty sure the 6.5TD/4L80E will throw off any weight distribution benefits :LOL:

Registered
Almost as much of a change as this:

Registered
F/R 25/75 weight distribution? Even an LS7 wouldn't save this one. My 6 door Fleetwood limo handles better than this Buick but it's no where near as rare. Those Hollywood types need lots of room for kids.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts