Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, awhile back I put on the c3fab ext rear lower control arms and noticed my stabilizer/sway bar covered one of my grease certs. So to remedy this I decided to buy the UMI relocation brackets and move my stabilizer bar from the bottom to the top of lower control arms. While this was good in theory, it doesn't work with fully boxed control arms. A couple issues, first and probably most problematic is that the stabilizer bar ends up resting right up against the axle, second the bar has a bit of curvature so when you place it on top you have the shim the rear hole so that the bar can sit flush with the control arm. Shimming a stabilizer bar just sounds like disaster to me but maybe I'm just over cautious. Anyway, so very close but I'll be pulling the brackets off tomorrow and will just be getting used to the 6 month ritual of removing my stabilizer bar to grease my bushings. I'll have some relocation brackets for sale soon if anyone is interested, $50 or best offer. And if I would have done a little more research UMI shows right on their website that the relocation brackets don't work even with their fully boxed lowers.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Ok, awhile back I put on the c3fab ext rear lower control arms and noticed my stabilizer/sway bar covered one of my grease certs. So to remedy this I decided to buy the UMI relocation brackets and move my stabilizer bar from the bottom to the top of lower control arms. While this was good in theory, it doesn't work with fully boxed control arms. A couple issues, first and probably most problematic is that the stabilizer bar ends up resting right up against the axle, second the bar has a bit of curvature so when you place it on top you have the shim the rear hole so that the bar can sit flush with the control arm. Shimming a stabilizer bar just sounds like disaster to me but maybe I'm just over cautious. Anyway, so very close but I'll be pulling the brackets off tomorrow and will just be getting used to the 6 month ritual of removing my stabilizer bar to grease my bushings. I'll have some relocation brackets for sale soon if anyone is interested, $50 or best offer. And if I would have done a little more research UMI shows right on their website that the relocation brackets don't work even with their fully boxed lowers.
if you can , not knowing how much you drive your car??? you can send back arms to me .....ill pay for shipping. and i will relocate your Zerk fittings for you on your differential side .....no problem!! we have corrected this issue months ago, thanks to you guys here at the forum ! let me know if i can help? you know how to reach me !!!
thanks , mike @ C3 FAB
[email protected]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man you rock. Soon as I get some garage time sorted out on my end I'm going to try to send them back for the relocation.

I've had good customer service and never had a vendor go out of their way like this, if anyone is in need of rear control arms can't recommend this guys enough. I was still very happy with my purchase but getting this sorted out will get rid of my only complaint with this great product.

·
Registered
320 Posts
gotta love the customer service at C3Fab

·
Registered
826 Posts
if you can , not knowing how much you drive your car??? you can send back arms to me .....ill pay for shipping. and i will relocate your Zerk fittings for you on your differential side .....no problem!! we have corrected this issue months ago, thanks to you guys here at the forum ! let me know if i can help? you know how to reach me !!!
thanks , mike @ C3 FAB
[email protected]
Mike,
I too have this issue with my LCA's from you guys. However, I also have bigger problem. My BMR 1.5" swaybar even with 1/8tn inch spacers between the bar and arms busted off the zerk fitting on the passenger side. I am in the middle of a trans swap and found this yesterday when I took the rear bar off to send back to BMR and to jack the rear of the car up. The bar wasn't formed right from factory on the drivers side and I tried mounting it with shims as they suggested and it broke a bolt on the passenger side rear hole right where the zerk fitting snapped. It must have happened when the bar bolt broke as the bar was not mounted against the arm (1/8th inch spacers).

I talked with Kash over the phone about 10 minutes ago and he said he'd talk to you about it, then I saw this post. Can you help me? The arms have only been on the car since April.

I can live without the car for a week or two longer if need be, but how do I support the rear end of the car while the arms are out of it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
A simple solution

Hi guys, I bought a set of C3 Fabrication LCA's as well, a while ago. I also run the BMR swaybars. When I got the arms, I noted the interference , so I drilled new holes in the end of the LCA's and threaded the zerk fittings in there and siliconed the original holes. It worked like a champ! Just an FYI, in case you didn't want to hassle with sending them back to Mike and be without them a week. You can fix it yourself in a couple of hours!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts