Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi
i am Having a problem with my Fuse Box, i have to press on the Fan Relay so the fan car work after every rush driving.
as you see in the attached image i made i direct line for the relay so it will work as soon as i switch the ignition ON and keep an eye and an ear to the FAN.

is their any suitable FIX or Replacement for the Fuse Box.

thanks
:(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Another box, and the same thing will happen again.

If your electrically inclined you could use pretty much any box that will hold enough fuse locations. I don't recommend trying it unless your familiar with wiring.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Again.
yah i am not fmailiar with that.
so i am going to have TSB kit.
thank you very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another box, and the same thing will happen again.

If your electrically inclined you could use pretty much any box that will hold enough fuse locations. I don't recommend trying it unless your familiar with wiring.
[/QUOTE I’m having the same problem what is that kit for I never heard of it I need help asap ‼

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It is true GM would remove these two relays and add a external wiring harness to relocate the relays. There are kits made for our cars that do this.

My personal opinion is that for everyone that has had issues with these relays there are many that have not.

You could get a fuse box at a junkyard and change the damaged parts. Look at the link below and its pdf.

Before you fix your relays make sure your fan motors are working right. They should turn freely hot or cold. Disconnect power when checking to be very safe. Electric motors can draw huge amounts of Amp when starting, worn out ones are worse. Vibration is another sign the electric motor is bad.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If your car is melting fan relays then you need to figure out why. My car was doing that and the problem turned out to be the old ass fan motors were in the process of dying and drawing too much current. I changed the motors and the problem went away. My car already had the revised ground post.

That being said, if your fuse box is damaged to the point where you can non longer make a good connection....then you can look at Gary's harness as a work around. Provided there's no other damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts