Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, folks. The 94 Fleetwood I'm working on has an issue I've seen on other GMs that have a split front bench - both of the bottom seat cushions slant towards the outside, where the edge of the cushion to the inside is higher than the edge closest to the outside. The bottom cushions also seem to be quite flat and the foam seems quite a lot harder than I recalled these as being.

I have seen this before on other, older RWD GMs with split bench seats, but never looked further into the matter. Is this just a function of normal wear and tear on these vehicles? Is this just the soft materials of the seat failing with age and use or is it a bent seat frame? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
The FW and RM Limited have the same seat tracks. They are different from the Caprice, etc. tracks. They use a pair of rotating lever arms to raise and lower the seat. There may be nylon bushings on the pivots, and the nylon parts may have failed. I have not explored the issues with these seats, so I do not know any more than the above. Other than that, the arms may be twisted, depending on how much load they have had to deal with. There may also be other issues with the seat frame, but without taking yours apart, there is no way to determine what is causing the list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts