Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have read a lot of info from this section, but up till now I had nothing to post. Well I pulled the trigger on a duel turbo setup that I got from a friend that I went to school with. He picked up two sets about 5 years ago,one for his short bed p/u and the second just sat there. Fast forward till last week and I got the turbo's two waste gates,a set of headers and a large intercooler. He said both sets were purchased from Garrett, but the housing do not say any brand name. There is a tag and the info is. Type: TO4E. Part No:T3 /T4. Serial No: EM0609448. On the intake side is A/R.50 and M12. On the outlet side was A/R.63. I found on an older catalog about model number TO4A, but not "E". Garrett changed all there model numbers when they went to ball bearing and I need any and all your help. Thanks - Lance

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GuillaumeC, thanks for the response. Is the Turbo manufactured by Garrett? I could not tell by your response. Thanks for the map. - Lance

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
if it looks identical to what you can see in the link I posted, then no. It's a knock off from china.

A Garrett turbocharger usually has "Garrett" molded in the exhaust and compressor housing and they have an ID plate on the center section.

This is what my T04 compressor looks like:

Post a picture of your turbos so we can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the info, I got the answer from a couple of Turbo companys today, and yes they are cheap knockoffs! Now to contact the seller.......

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid $1200.00 for two polished housing turbo's, polished SS headers, two polished waste gates, and a pretty large intercooler. Great price if they had been Garrett's, not so great being that they were not! Already got my money back from the seller. All in all just a huge let down. Oh well, life goes on. - Lance

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I paid $1200.00 for two polished housing turbo's, polished SS headers, two polished waste gates, and a pretty large intercooler. Great price if they had been Garrett's, not so great being that they were not! Already got my money back from the seller. All in all just a huge let down. Oh well, life goes on. - Lance
NICE!!!! Well was nice, thats the cost of one of my turbo's :mad:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
theres a garrett turbo local on cl for like 125 i wanted to pick it up just because is it worth it??

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
That's a t28 its tiny as hell you'd prolly need 4 to even work on a mild v8 350.
Espcially with a .48 ar turbine it would spool when you crank the starter lmao. (Not realy but it is too small for a v8)
lmao very true!!!!!! it would surge when cranking...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.