Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the gas tank strap still available? Mine rusted out. Since I am in New York state everything rusts.

Any one have a good source other than the dealer?

Are there any other alternatives since the same thing is going to happen to the new one.

Thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
assuming you have a sedan. rock auto carries them for like 30 bucks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wrong advance Auto parts does show the fuel tank strap on-line. When I went to the store near my house the guy at the parts counter could not find it. He said that they did not have it and that they only had the metal strap I talked about in the previous post.

Here is the info and part number and it's made by

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # ST186

I also called New GM parts on-line and they have access to all parts from GM and they did not have the fuel tank strap since it is discontinued.

Just setting the record straight here.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you can't find the strap locally, I have a new one from Spectra Premium still in the box sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Just holler at one of the many guys that have part out cars...easy. You may not be able to find it when you want it, but you'll definitely find it. Gas tank straps are bought cheap ALL the time. Folks wanna powdercoat/chrome em for show and the like. Pimpala SS has a parts car he's making money on right now. Check it out broskie.

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.