Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have posted this in the wrong section (electrical), and it got no responses, so I'll try here.

Is there any way to fx a 95 digital 9c1 cluster once it starts losing odometer memory? I took it apart last night and didn't see what I expected, I was expecting wires...

I saw a lil watch battery looking thing on the cluster circuit board, Im wondering if it can go bad and cause the issues above.

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If it is fading out, cleaning the contacts and gently pulling them up will work. If it is flashing nonsense numbers and error messages, it needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, It has both problems, the fading and the nonsense numbers.

For quite awhile it had been fading out, but now it's showing random, crazy numbers for the trip odometer.

I guess since it needs an overhaul, I'll just PM bob94 in a week or so and see if he has any Z-clusters in stock.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I"ve been fighting that for 2+ years (fading, going dark, crazy odo numbers). I cleaned, resoldered the pins....twice. Helped once, but eventually it went dark 3 months ago and never came back. I've got a z cluster now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts