Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a 96 DCM and the gauge cluster is out I've sent it to get repaired and the company ran diagnostic on it and said it was fine. I've checked the fuse and the relay and still nothing. Only life I'm getting out of it is the seatbelt and odometer no other gauges are working. Any ideas on what to try next??

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Widkith

Well I Don't Know If This Helps - After my ENTIRE cluster on my old FWB was found dead a few times upon startup, I searched and learned it was some sort of known loose or corroding connection somewhere. I found the posted, "Hit the top real hard with your hand solution" worked every time. I never cared about the vinyl as I already had a nice cover to hide the 6 cracks everywhere. HTH

Also, as the famous 'fading odometer' is an entirely opposite symptom as yours, then it makes it sound even more like an all-encompassing issue affecting everything else except that gauge. Just curious, does search show you're the first that's ever had this happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update: there is no power going to the diagnostic reader where you plug the code reader into. I got a wiring dilemma on my hands here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts