Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Gauging interest in "Single" and "Twin" turbo Kits

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  big_tugg'SS 
#1 ·
I have been talking to CompressTech about different products/support for the B-Body community and one of those topics was turbo kits. As of right now most people who can, are fabbing there own kits because the support is just not there others like me are SOL unless a used kit pops up. I know sometime in the near future a single kit will be produce for a wagon, and I am getting a twin kit real soon. The turbo support is now here! I will let CompressTech post more parts/details/pricing about the kit.

#2 ·
id like to see more info...

#3 ·
Here we go again cwm9

I know it's an exciting topic for those of us that would like to see a kit, but the reality is that:
  • these cars are old (read: no matter what anyone thinks, the market for expensive parts is exceedingly small)
  • these cars are hard to put twin kits on without providing a way to move the original parts (A/C hoses, accessories, etc)
  • unless there is a lot of flexibility in the kits, only an exceedingly small part of the exceedingly small potential market is going to be interested in any given configuration
  • too much bad history with turbo kit fabricators just in this forum (this is not a reference to the recent dispute between you and Mike Harris)
That said, I believe someone could possibly make a modest single kit profitible if they were really careful with their attention to detail, price and customer relationship. Sadly, I truly believe the idea of someone offering a good twin turbo kit is a pipe dream if they are realistic about making money with it.

#4 · (Edited)
Is this going to be another $8,000 kit or will people that arnt rich be able to afford it?

#5 ·
If CompressTech were to fabricate and sell the hard parts like stainless steel manifolds and cross overpipe for a single turbo set up that would be the poop.

#6 ·
I'm interested if we can get a quality kit made in the $5,000 range.

#8 ·
They need to become a vendor to sell here and use the vendors section.

#13 ·
I am in the process of building a single turbo kit for reasonable price. This would use the stock pass side manifold. All stainless pipes would be used for the hot side. Untill I am done and have it installed in the car I am unable to say all the details. I don't want to mislead. I do want a good fitting kit with good parts. I do know that this is a small market, but it still can be done right. If I can get a single kit done, I will work on a twin set up. Any info would be great since it would help all of you in the long run.

I will pay my dues when I know this will be a go. Thank you for this post.

#14 ·
I know sometime in the near future a single kit will be produce for a wagon, and I am getting a twin kit real soon.
Who's wagon will that be?

The hell with NA. Once you've been blown...it's never the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.