Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GP price is in bold. I need a minimum of $4500.00 in orders to offer these prices. No exceptions as those are the terms from my supplier.

Call your orders in and we will get you set up. We will not bill anyone until the minimum has been reached.

New "Budget Posi" is listed at the bottom.

Thanks all.

Item Description Price

G001 3.42 Gears Yukon* $250.77 - 195.00
G002 3.73 Gears Yukon* $250.77 - 195.00
G003 4.10 Gears Yukon* $295.00 - 240.00
G004 ABS Reluctor / 342 - discontinued and not available anywhere.
G004.5 ABS Reluctor / 373 Only NOW IN STOCK!!! $35.82 - 31.00
G005 Pinion Install Kit for Gears $60.00 - 54.00
G006 Large Journal Carrier Bearings & Adjustable Shims for Torsen & Eaton (minimum requirements for installation of a posi) $70.00 - 50.00
G007 Large Journal Carrier Bearings $45.00 -35.00
G008 Adjustable Shims $35.00 - 25.00
G009 Axle Bearings & Seals $45.00 - 31.00
6001 Differential Additive (2 Bottles) $20.00 - 14.00
D6003 Eaton Posi (SuperBrute w/ 400# Springs) for Street & Strip Applications $487.95 - 439.00
D6004 Master Overhaul Kit for Gears and Differential (Includes Pinion Kit, Large Journal Carrier Bearings & Adjustable Shims) $153.20 - 131.94
D6005 Tru-Trak Posi (worm gears) for Street & Autocross/Road Course Applications $454.94 - 429.94.00
D6006 Yukon Duragrip 8.5 30 spline Positraction $466.40 - 411.85.

New ZVT "Budget Posi" $324.14 - 265.50

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would like to do the 3.73 gears (G002) and Eaton posi (D6003). What other parts do I need to buy for the new set-up? (G004.5) ABS Reluctor for 3.73, (G005) Pinion Install Kit, (G006) Large Journal Carrier Bearings & Adjustable Shim.. Correct me if I'm wrong and what other parts I need/ don't need.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a gear only swap, a pinion kit is the minimum requirement.
A posi only sway requires large journal carrier bearings and adjustable shims.
To do both a posi and gears you will order a Master Overhaul kit which is a pinion kit with the carrier bearings and shims.

The "Budget Posi" will require the the same as any posi as described above. It can be ordered with any of the available gears.

I will check with my supplier for the 2.23 gears and reluctor ring.

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For a gear only swap, a pinion kit is the minimum requirement.
A posi only sway requires large journal carrier bearings and adjustable shims.
To do both a posi and gears you will order a Master Overhaul kit which is a pinion kit with the carrier bearings and shims.

The "Budget Posi" will require the the same as any posi as described above. It can be ordered with any of the available gears.

I will check with my supplier for the 2.23 gears and reluctor ring.

Thanks.
Thanks for the quick response. Now comes the decision to get the Budget gears or spend the extra $$ for the Eaton or Tru-Trak. Hmm...

Highly thinking about getting the 3.42s. 98% city driving along with this one wheel wonder & 3.08s are killing me. I understand I'll have to get the ABS reluctor custom but I believe it'll be worth it...

·
Registered
489 Posts
:D Come on people order some parts! Who doesn't like discounts!? ;)
I want the Eaton posi, 3.73 Yukon gears, and the master overhaul kit. Thanks

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
There are only two sets of 3.23 gears available along with the reluctor ring. $225.00 is the best I can offer on that size since they are on their way out.

Interestingly enough, every order thus far as been without discount. Either the customer didn't want to wait for others or they need their parts quickly.

·
Registered
923 Posts
There are only two sets of 3.23 gears available along with the reluctor ring. $225.00 is the best I can offer on that size since they are on their way out.

Interestingly enough, every order thus far as been without discount. Either the customer didn't want to wait for others or they need their parts quickly.
is that price the regular price or gp price

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We need you guys to call your orders in. Simply posting you are in or asking to be added to the deal is not how we do GP sales. We are a small shop and the only way to track orders is to create an invoice and have them on-file. we are not billing anyones cards until we have the minimum $4500.00 worth of orders. On that note, we continue to receive orders for full price because no one wants to wait. I appreciate the orders regarless of how they come in.

On the 3.23 gears, $225.00 is the lowest price I can go. Regular is $250.77.

As for the budget posi being too aggressive for wet weather, I am not sure. I will ask my supplier.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My pleasure. I'm trying to save everyone some money but unless I can submit one order for at least $4500.00, I can not get the lower prices. I already talked to my supplier about this and asked if they could just credit all the single orders I have given them towards the $4500.00, but they wont.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I will call in the next week to place my order. Just posting to advise I am in for a Posi and 3.73's and needed accesories. Do you have anyone waiting on the GP discount yet?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No one waiting on the GP pricing. Everyone who called to order did so at regular price as they did not want to wait for anyone else. It's the strangest GP sale I have ever been part of. I'll leave it open until August first for those who would like the opportunity to save some money.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You really didn't do much for advertisement though...? I called and ordered my parts not too long ago and never had a GP package offered to me. What about saying something when someone calls you? Not everyone can always buy everything they want at once so they call for this and that when they can afford it. <-- What about stating there is a sale going on and the customer can save for a month, get everything they wanted, and prices will be cheaper because of the GP sale that is going on? They would possibly have the chance to gather up some more money in that month and purchase more items from you at the time of sale end.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey fuzzy nutt guy relax on dan, what did you want him to do, take an ad out in your local newspaper that said, "I'm about to do a group purchase if I get interest"?

Plus the GP was dependent on enough people WAITING for their orders until he had $4500 in orders, then the GP discount would kick in

Deep breaths

Bite the pillow

Thanks for being here dan!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts