Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a set of 373 gears in my car and was wondering if it would be a do it yourself job or if it really needs to get done professionally? Also what are the best brands of hears to go with? And what would it run me price wise to get the gears and a new posi? Thanks guys.

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Unless you know somebody who has done them before, and has all the tools, Then I would suggest to have them done. Or, if ou want to buy a bunch of tools, and read read read on how to do it, you can do it yourself. I did the gears myself in my 96 9C1, with the help of a friend of mine, who used to watch his boss do them all the time. We got to use all his tools(big money stuff), and I thought O got them perfect... Well, I was wrong. They started to whine.

Labor is normally about $300 to do it all.

http://www.focuztech.com/full-eaton-posi-ring-and-pinion-kit-for-impala-ss-and-caprice.html

· Premium Member
8,748 Posts
......gears .......was wondering if it would be a do it yourself job or if it really needs to get done professionally......
If you gotta ask, then it's best to have it professionally done......since you asked.

Count on 3-4 hours of labor being charged for the work......like Cory said, $300, more or less.....

KW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.