Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the the best gear radio for my 94 impala ss. The engine is factory but the wheels are 22's. I want 4:10 gears but I'm thinking 3:73's is the smartest choice. What do you think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well where I live there's alot of stop lights and stop signs. So I figure that I make my Impala with a quick take off. My goal is to have at least 380hp to the back wheels with the factory engine with some profromance mods.

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
4.10's for sure, your tires are a little taller.
His tires MAY be a bit taller.......but they don't necessarily have to be......

.......My goal is to have at least 380hp to the back wheels..........with some profromance mods.
'With a lot of performance mods' would be more like it.

KW

·
Registered
239 Posts
What is the the best gear radio for my 94 impala ss. The engine is factory but the wheels are 22's. I want 4:10 gears but I'm thinking 3:73's is the smartest choice. What do you think?
What tire size are you running on the 22's? I will post a chart with your tire size and a couple of gear ratio options.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My tire size is 265/35/22 rims are 22x9.5.
Here is a chart & graph comparing stock tire size with a 3.73 gear ratio to your tire size with 3.73 and 4.10 gears. With your tires and 4.10 gears the performance would be basically identical to stock tires and 3.73 gears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts