Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20+ years several cars and many tests, and these are just terrible numbers!

Doesn't really matter because the engine is a turd, but kinda cool & funny that it passed. Needed to get this done so that I can proceed w/ the new engine +24x setup. Got 2 years to dial in the new engine management system, and such now.
EFI is a cool thing, 145k OEM CATS, well worn engine, and it STILL passed. Didn't even bother to get it hot like everyone rants about, drove it ~2 miles to test shop.
Check out the %CO2 & %O2 numbers...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
" Check out the %CO2 & %O2 numbers.." What about them? Running rich? 10.2

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
for a stock motor/tune, assuming motor otherwise is running correctly and all emission items working, those are fairly normal #'s

Many of us have "performance tunes" (more timing, lower engine operating temps, etc) along with cams, larger injectors, etc. that increase emissions, specifically HC, so the #'s are generally higher on the HC than yours but with cams not to big AND the right tune passing CA emissions is very doable. For me anyway for the last 20 years...but my HC is a little higher than yours but still within limits

regardless good any 20+ year old V8 car passes

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for a stock motor/tune, assuming motor otherwise is running correctly and all emission items working, those are fairly normal #'s

regardless good any 20+ year old V8 car passes
Not concerned about emissions numbers...
The %CO2 & %O2 are what caught my eye.
Never had a car in 20-ish yrs with crappy #’s like that.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Not concerned about emissions numbers...
The %CO2 & %O2 are what caught my eye.
Never had a car in 20-ish yrs with crappy #’s like that.
last time my records on emission test pipe inspection HC=6PPM / CO =0% /co2 =7.4% / o2 = 0%

for some reason the test paper did not do the NO .. also this was done @ idle rpm 500..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts