Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting out of excitement. See sig!

Guess Im new to the trunk game!

Hope to be playing with you guys real soon!

I hope to deaden the whole car like ThreeImpalas is doin then poppin everything in. Big thanks to Wattslok (Jimmy) for the awesome deal on the equipment.

Hearing is overrated anyways right?

So shoot me your advice/tips!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is that the same set up Jimmy had at the Palm Springs gathering? The same set up that shook the entire friggen parking lot?

Good come up, Juan! My set up don't knock like that but I'm happy with it. Huh?

You cuting a hole in the rear deck for air movement? Phuhck that high dolla booshzy rear packet tray carpet! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by STRTWYZ:
Is that the same set up Jimmy had at the Palm Springs gathering? The same set up that shook the entire friggen parking lot?

Good come up, Juan! My set up don't knock like that but I'm happy with it. Huh?

You cuting a hole in the rear deck for air movement? Phuhck that high dolla booshzy rear packet tray carpet! :D
Yes, Yes, and Yes E! Can ya feel my excitement!!

Jimmy gave me such a great deal because he is uhhhmmmm....upgrading

Phuhck that high dolla booshzy rear packet tray carpet! :D
Phuck anything that came from that weasel!!
I'm cuttin dat shiet before it turns blue again!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/84267/100_0356.JPG

[ 11-20-2006, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Thump ]

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what's all left for you to procure for the system? Amps? Head unit? Spare battery?

If I 'member correctly, Jimmy had a false floor too?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what's all left for you to procure for the system? Amps? Head unit? Spare battery?

If I 'member correctly, Jimmy had a false floor too?
I have an amp coming that he recommended. I was planning to tackle this early next year, but figured what the hay.

I might just install everything with what I have now. Amps, current head unit, deaden the whole car, and perhaps add a battery. Im going to try to use it with the current trunk set up I have now and get some ideas for having everything recovered. Im thinking of goin with a simple black and grey theme. Jimmy does have a false floor, and I might do the same. Im hoping to be able to fit the spare in the middle with the false, covered floor built around it.
Kind of like this..only my amps wont be displayed.

So the subs and box should squeeze right in between the hinge covers and early next year I can have hacks trunk kit stripped down and recovered to a nicer finish. I will also have to come up with something to cover off the front of the box.

Any suggestions?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Thump:

Jimmy gave me such a great deal because he is uhhhmmmm....upgrading

Yeah I heard someone else in Cali SS gave Jimmy a run for his money and he wants more. :D But then again I want to keep my car and put 4 12W6's and another 1000/1 to double up my bump. :D His sh1t hits stupid hard. Good purchase Juan.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Glenn!! Where have you been man!! Check the digest for the XMAS party info.

I did read that whole write up on sound deadening and methods of doing it.

Looks like Im going to be busy for a while with that. I just ordered 3 rolls of RAAMmat BXT for the doors, cabin, and trunk. Im hopin to get somewhere with it like threeimpalas did in his thread.

Thanks for lookin out!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been SOOOOOO busy doin stuff around the house and doin installs and setting up installs. I gotta change my heater core or at least bypass it to drive my car to any events. Besides I need to talk to Jimmy so I can see what he is up to in order to know what I have to do to my car ;) . I will respond on the Cali SS board.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had 2 12" mags in my sedan, very good setup when tuned low.

My favorite install to date. Hopefully now that I have the wagon I'll be able to get the 18's in a proper install... I was avtually supposed to get two 18" Mags custom made from nick, but due to some unfortunate circumstances out of my conntrol... that never happened.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool man, what happend to the Q 15's?

I almost bought 2 12inch mags, after I sold my old destroyers, but I think now I am going with 2 Q's on a zapco 9.0 a step down from my 2 destroyers and a soundstream 10000D but I think I will be more than happy with 2 12's and 2000 - 2500 watts. UCP's set up is just crazy :eek:

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by B. Campbell:
Cool man, what happend to the Q 15's?

I almost bought 2 12inch mags, after I sold my old destroyers, but I think now I am going with 2 Q's on a zapco 9.0 a step down from my 2 destroyers and a soundstream 10000D but I think I will be more than happy with 2 12's and 2000 - 2500 watts. UCP's set up is just crazy :eek:
I have 2 18" Q's, they're still here, just waiting for the wagon to get tinted.
You'll love the 12's.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got 2 mags for the price of one. Couldn't pass it up.

BUT if I would have bought new I would have definately gotten the Q's. Plus 12's WILL be much easier to work with than 15's.

And to stay on the right Topic Thump your gonna need to run 0 gauge now with your amp upgrade.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by WaTTsLOk187:
I got 2 mags for the price of one. Couldn't pass it up.

BUT if I would have bought new I would have definately gotten the Q's. Plus 12's WILL be much easier to work with than 15's.

And to stay on the right Topic Thump your gonna need to run 0 gauge now with your amp upgrade.
Already thought about that too after all the reading Ive been doin. Im also working on another battery and new headunit. Hopefully an indash dvd

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good thing we already have the Big 3 done. I need an alternator myself. Thats next on my list. I just blaocked all the holes in my doors today and added more sound deadeaner. Sprayed rubber undercoating over my noiseblocker that was already sprayed on the inside of my door skin. Just getting ready for my AA poly mids.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by WaTTsLOk187:
Good thing we already have the Big 3 done. I need an alternator myself. Thats next on my list. I just blaocked all the holes in my doors today and added more sound deadeaner. Sprayed rubber undercoating over my noiseblocker that was already sprayed on the inside of my door skin. Just getting ready for my AA poly mids.
Got the Amp, paid for the in dash, paid for the Raamat. Now I just need to grab another battery and some 0 gauge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts