Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, taxes are comin back and im goin with 2 or 3 solo baric sl5 12's.. my question is what is working better.. the sealed off trunk or porting through the package tray so it fires into the glass.. does anyone have any pics of the box types theyve used in a port system?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by bigbodybowtie:
ok, taxes are comin back and im goin with 2 or 3 solo baric sl5 12's.. my question is what is working better.. the sealed off trunk or porting through the package tray so it fires into the glass.. does anyone have any pics of the box types theyve used in a port system?
I don't use a ported system, but I have pictures of my set up at www.subpods.com - won the ISSCA sound off with them.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What can I say Hack? ;) Just trying to bring BASS to the masses! I have NO trouble getting bass into the car, no porting needed. Of course, I am running about the biggest Sub on the market, so it is all relative.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't know about the biggest sub on the market. the biggest sub i know of is a 60" MTX in a cube van. or the audiobahn 36", and the clarion 32". plus there is alot of heavy woofers out there.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul's SSub Pods are awesome. If you are on a budget and don't want to loose that part of the trunk you can cuild a Baffle Board with a pair of Freeair subs or even squeeze a pair of boxes around the spare.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by camel:
well i don't know about the biggest sub on the market. the biggest sub i know of is a 60" MTX in a cube van. or the audiobahn 36", and the clarion 32". plus there is alot of heavy woofers out there.
Hence why I said "about". The W7 series is at the larger end, but not the largest. ;)

Hack, thanks for the endorsement. I like the baffle board ideas too!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats up Jay!

I myself am going with 2 L5 10"s in a sealed box w/ 1 cu. ft. of air space per chamber. I plan on getting my hands on the Kicker KX800.4 and pushing 400x2. I have been told thet running ODD number's of sub's is just cost more money. I would stick with even numbers as far as how many subs you gonna run. jus my .02 cents

Daniel R.

P.S. Hey Paul, I like your sub pods bro! They look like they can Turn some HEADS.... especially with those JL's.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can port through the rear deck, that does wonders or you can cut the medal behind your seats and put the port through there.

go to www.termpro.com they can help you with anything about car audio man.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have to say, those sub pods are damn right oogly as hell!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or you could just mount the subs in the rear deck, that would fix all the problems.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by camel:
or you could just mount the subs in the rear deck, that would fix all the problems.
Sure, that's one way - I just don;t think they sound are good as compared to the trunk.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those sub pods are cool as hell.. but i dont need my 4 bodybag trunk for anything but beat anyway..lol. a good friend of mine just put 3 s12l7's in an escalde.. ouch!!! thats why i was thinking 3 and a port into the car. ill probably just go 2 or i might have found a killer set up by a b-body owning stereo shop owner with 2 soundstream 15's in a huge box ported through the package trey and an 800 watt soundstream amp.. his car hits hard enough to mess with your breathing..lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts