Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kaprice has a 97 Z28 Lt1 with flowtech afterburner headers. and I only get knock sensor codes while on the highway. in town it never goes off. someone suggested Lt4 knock sensors. BTW both sensors are brand new. I've been a mechanic for the last 6 years. i can clear it and change the sensor and clear and its fine. As soon as i do a long highway drive it comes on. and it seems i can get it to shut off by getting on it for a second and get off the throttle completely and let idle down for a moment. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Josh

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you using 94-95 knock sensors ?
yeah and my computer is tuned as well. I'm thinking it's the headers doing it. All i can think of? I'm at a loss I really don't want to change sensors again. But it is very possible the new sensor I put in is bad. working as a mechanic for the past 6 years has shown me that a bad sensor from the get go is a big possibility. IDK I'm at a loss.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ALSO the car runs fine the whole time. only thing I have ever had happened is sometimes driving at low throttle especially taking off from idle it will chug and cough a little but it doesn't seem to do it after it warms up. and if I get on it and bring it up to 2 grand it goes away.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
use only AC Delco sensors and you might want to try the LT4 "knock module" it's not a knock sensor

cool I'll check out the AC delco sensor I'll call fairway chevrolet. and where Is the module located I honestly don't know where it is. lol been doing this for so long and I still learn something new everyday. thanks ahead of time Mean SS

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
get ready for sticker shock on the km cwm5

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the module is in the bottom of PCM under a small cover

oh ok lol I know what your talking about know I've changed one but it was on an S-10 but its been a while it's that door with the 2 screws if I remember. Thanks again bro I appreciate it a lot!

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
$76 + shipping at summit.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$76 + shipping at summit.
holy crap! maybe I can get a better wholesale price through the shop I work for. damn I hope so

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts