Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the stock muffler swapped for a glasspack. I don't know the exact type (although I do think it's made by Thrush), but it was an almost perfect bolt-in replacement for the stock L03 muffler. I left the cat and resonator in place (for now).
The glasspack has notches inside the pipe which are supposed to make the exhaust gas swirl and improve the sound :confused:

It sounds almost the same as before at idle, but gives a nice low rumble at part throttle, and a loud rumble at full throttle. It's almost like there's a guy with a really big drum in the trunk :D

The glasspack cost about $100, and about another $35 to install.

I'm happy with it, it's not too loud which is important since it's my daily driver.
I want to delete the cat but I'm afraid it'll get annoyingly loud. Does anyone have experience with this?

PS Thanks go to Maikel for giving me this idea. A lot cheaper than the custom exhaust I was about to buy!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
carlton,i was checkimg into muffers also. but decided that i would try just removing it repalced it with a pipe and two band clamp. sounds like the same as mine.i had another cat laying around and cut the top open and removed all the material inside and welded it up. welded side facing toward the floor pan for epa ya know.got to loud for i wanted the same as cruising ,but hit the throttle has good tone . but hard to hear your over the net. but as the saying goes. everybody has different taste. that what make us different.if everybody was the same life would be boring. limp imp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts