Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested in trying to get a GP together on GW LCA's or maybe all GW parts? I just got in on the Hothkiss GP for springs, and I wanna get the best rear LCA's to go with them (and maybe a new set of Del-A-Lum's for the front end in the new car...I liked them a lot in the old one). If anybody is interested shoot me an e-mail ([email protected]) and/or post here. I'll try to get in touch with GW and see what we can do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK cool, I'm going to be in touch with GW tomorrow to try to find out whats up. I'll keep this thread updated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested but I would like to know what the price is first.

I hope that there is enough interest so we can ALL get a super deal on these great LCA's. With the design of these arms they should provide excellent performance without sacrificing the ride. Most LCA’s that are now available are not designed to allow the rear axle to twist when it travels over uneven road surfaces. Arms with poly bushings on both ends don’t allow for this and something will give and break something in the LCA link. I’ve seen quite a few posts lately where LCA’s are breaking. I wouldn’t be surprised if frame mounts or axle mounting brackets also begin showing up overtime where the control arms were upgraded.

The GW arms with the spherical bearing on the frame side will allow for this twisting action and I believe this make these arms far more superior in it’s design in performance and longevity. Check out http://www.globalwest.net/IMPALA%20SS%20PARTS%20FROM%20GLOBAL%20WEST%20SUSPENSION%20COMPONENETS%20INC.htm for the full story

Thanks for starting this Mike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was actually in the process of buying some from Global West a couple of weeks ago. They ran out of the bearings for the RLCA, so they put my order on hold. That was almost a month ago. I called them last Friday and the lady said they got the bearings in. She said it was going to take about another week or two to build them and ship them out. She said she would call me when they have everything together. Hopefully I can get in on a group purchase and save that ~$330.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOW PROFILE...shoot me an e-mail, maybe since they've been in touch with you lately they'd rather hear from you than me?

I got really busy and forgot to call yesterday, I'll try to today, sorry for the delay guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, here is the deal. I need a definite head count on who all wants in on this GP. I will call GW personally, since I do have an order lingering. But, I think it would be a good idea to tell them how many people want in on this while I have them on the phone. I'll start the list here:

1. LOW PROFILE
2. Mike454SS
3. The PuniSSher
4. Redline

Anybody else, post up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
post on other forums like Inegma or Naisso... thats what i did when i got the PPM kit GP goin. The more people that know the better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been planning on GW LCAs for a while. Its a little earlier than I planned, but what the heck. I'm in if this goes through.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wats up with this... is the gp gonna happen? i'm gettin my orders in for the rest of my suspension stuff... just waitin on these. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by LOW PROFILE:
Okay, here is the deal. I need a definite head count on who all wants in on this GP. I will call GW personally, since I do have an order lingering. But, I think it would be a good idea to tell them how many people want in on this while I have them on the phone. I'll start the list here:

1. LOW PROFILE
2. Mike454SS
3. The PuniSSher
4. Redline

Anybody else, post up.
Did you get my e-mail the other day? I can forward you e-mail addresses if you'd like. Let me know whats happening...I want to help as much as I can, just not sure what I should do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys, I just got off the phone with Global West and.........they don't do GP. Sorry guys. He said maybe if you go through Tom Frederico, you can get a GP. That's the only other option besides paying full price, which is $325(you can buy them directly from Global West).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.