Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys: I have a 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS and I just instaled a new steering gear box and want to flush the old Power Steering Fluid and add new OEM Fluid. The service manual recommends a GM # 1052884 (16oz) for my Conventional Climate since I am in Florida. Does someone can lead me to which AC Delco P/S Fluid to choose? Could it be the #10-5074 for my car? I will appreciate it. CD

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Than
I was doing the 7 years of the power steering fluid .. suck it out then run it a bit then suck it out .. I was doing the prestone GM steering fluid .. all my 50 yr GM steering fluid vehicles ..no issues .my GM vehicles are over 20 yrs .
Roy: Thank you for sharing this great information!

· Premium Member
481 Posts
I just installed a box from lee power steering and their recommended fluid was ACDELCO 105073
Lee recommends using their own fluid on their web site: Power Steering Questions Frequently Asked - Lee Power Steering

Of course, you can only get it from them. I can't imagine that you'd have any issues using GM fluid. If the car is regularly exposed to low temperatures, you may prefer to use GM's 105044 fluid: Amazon.com: ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-5044 Cold Climate Power Steering Fluid - 32 oz : Automotive

· Registered
897 Posts
Lee recommends using their own fluid on their web site: Power Steering Questions Frequently Asked - Lee Power Steering

Of course, you can only get it from them. I can't imagine that you'd have any issues using GM fluid. If the car is regularly exposed to low temperatures, you may prefer to use GM's 105044 fluid: Amazon.com: ACDelco GM Original Equipment 10-5044 Cold Climate Power Steering Fluid - 32 oz : Automotive
Yea just going based off the label I received when I installed their box.

Azure Font Aqua Electric blue Parallel

· Registered
29 Posts
I was doing the 7 years of the power steering fluid .. suck it out then run it a bit then suck it out .. I was doing the prestone GM steering fluid .. all my 50 yr GM steering fluid vehicles ..no issues .my GM vehicles are over 20 yrs .
How many times do you repeat the suck-add-run sequence?
How many quarts of new fluid do you use?

· Registered
96 Posts
How many times do you repeat the suck-add-run sequence?
How many quarts of new fluid do you use?
I 2x the suck out ,,,,and then the around 2 qts
.drive it 1 then suck it then out the 2nd time ...
some forums are lifting the front wheels 2 ... they turn the steering wheel , then 2nd time flush it out ..
I was manage it of the 50 yrs GM changed it 7 yrs ...GM prestone steering fluid ..
in todays world vehicles of the steering components you have to suck out the 30K miles ...many power steering fluids are various vehicles ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts