Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read somewhere that GM C bodies and D bodies share alot of the same parts as the 77-96 B bodies, with the exception of the frames being wider and/or longer but the trailing arms or some the of the suspension components are the same or interchangeable.
An acquaintance of mine has a 76 Caddy Seville/ Deville 4 door and wanted to.know if the current 77-96 B body aftermarket trailing arms will work , or the 70 -76 ones will.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
..... An acquaintance of mine has a 76 Caddy Seville/ Deville 4 door ....
Thanks
It may not matter, but better to clarify which anyway. The '76 Seville was pretty much a fancy Nova, and the other was the more fullsize.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
77-96 Deville/Fleetwood is the same basic chassis as the 77-96 B body. They were originally named C body, and changed to the D body designation in the early 80s. They are on a different platform than the Seville. The rear arms for coupe/sedan B/C/D will interchange.

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
An acquaintance of mine has a 76 ...
Thanks
I think the brunt of the question is whether the suspension pieces from the "original original larger real fullsize '76 and earlier" will fit the "downsized '77 onward" type chassis as ours is. I admit I don't know right off.

I checked Hotchkis site and they have a listing for rear trailing arms 65-70 and another for 77-96, but no apps in between. Leads me to believe the latter is not interchangeable with the older big chassis before downsizing. Let's hear otherwise though.

·
Registered
11,040 Posts
Did you try measuring them, and comparing them with the length of the others? Check the bolt size as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts