Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I saw that on the Raceway Park website but heading to NC this weekend to visit family.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The perfect place to warm up for the last 2 ecirs races
I plan on coming up and get some more track time. Work out a few bugs and fine tune.

BarryG

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm...

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
This is something I'm seriously considering. :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is something I'm seriously considering. :D
Keith made it to the second round and I went out in the first on a double breakout.
I am into the 12's and my lights are more consistent. However, the bug from hell, you know the ones the electrical ones, that you just can not find. So first qualifing round hit the burn out box, scrub my tires in the water and BAM it dies. The push me to the side, I check connections and it starts up fine. They said I cound still make the run so they backed me up in the water and vroom DIED. Now I am towed back the pits and feeling kind of embarassed. Once in the pits it started errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, brought it down out of the way in the pits and hit the gas and vroom DEAD. Check everything and dame it started, fuel presure was always there so it had to be spark. Got it back to my area and it was breaking up. Swapped over to my ODBII PCM and brought it dowm again, hit the gas and DEAD. So at this point I am thinking that wouderful OPTI, which I carry one so, you guested it started and got it back to the pits. Before I started to tear it apart I started thinking like and engineer and looking at all the posibilities. I checked the fuses and all read out good except the PCM fuse. When the car was off read 13.5V and when it was running it showed 10.2V, WTF!!! I pulled the fuse and it was togther but looked discolored. Sinerio the fuse was blowen but the carbon of the melted fuse link was still touching and was able to start the car. When you his the gas the ignition wanted more power and the connection heated up and separated. When it cooled down it conducted just enough voltage to start the car.
New fuse, made a 13.00 then a 12.92 run and it is OK. Ready for ISland NO More BUGS Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for takin the ride up barry glad you made it home ok too. we did get a lil practice on the tree at least:)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Good job Keith!! Ughh Barry i feel your pain, i hate hate hate electrical problems!!! I wanted to get up to this but had a bunch of stuff to do with the kiddies this weekend.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hey BK, is KB supposed to win everything he enters....?
Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot .... to you @! haa haa

-ALF out...

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Hey BK, is KB supposed to win everything he enters....?
Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot .... to you @! haa haa

-ALF out...
Who said anything about winning the whole event? And what does that have to do with only making it to the 2nd round, anyway?

Half the numbnuts that show up make it to the 2nd round by default.

Keith was pissed he lost in 2nd round, who the **** shows up at the track for a big event like that to go out in round 2?

There is an enormous gap between winning one stinking round and going the distance. Going deep in the race would be worthy of congrats. Going to round 2 would get a "hey too bad man, sorry to hear that" from most.

Are you retarded?

Oops, I guess I'm too harsh, I can tell e-feelings are being hurt.

KEITH CONGRATS ON COMING IN 72nd!!! :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Going to the 2nd round gets a "Good job Keith!!" ???

WTF?
Lmao!!!!!! I didn't have my coffee when I posted that and thought it said he got second place not second round my badddddd

·
Registered
968 Posts
Who said anything about winning the whole event? And what does that have to do with only making it to the 2nd round, anyway?

Half the numbnuts that show up make it to the 2nd round by default.
:D
Bill, dam you are hard core. I travel 230 miles and went out first round. What does that make me?
NO! Don't say it on the forum, I will get a nickname that I will not be able to live down. :(

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
LOL Barry, it just means I would say "Damn, sorry to hear you went 250 miles and lost" - but what I definitely wouldn't say is congrats!

My point was you and Keefer didn't show up to go home early, you came to win and I suspected (and was right) that Mr. bdbowtie mis-read the post.

Going to 2nd only gets congrats when you are with a hot chick in high school in the back of her car.

Now 4th and beyond...now we're talking...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts