1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Thats awesome - sorry i had to miss it cwm6

·
Registered
466 Posts
wow! you could eat off that floor! thanks for sharing the pics with us that couldnt be there :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
wow! you could eat off that floor! thanks for sharing the pics with us that couldnt be there :(
I just watched the Last Impala video recently. In it Pinky Randal said he was going to drive the car. Just curious how many miles he put on it in the 9-10 years he owned it before selling it back to Chevy. Did they say?

·
Ultimate Impala Guru!
5,481 Posts
I just watched the Last Impala video recently. In it Pinky Randal said he was going to drive the car. Just curious how many miles he put on it in the 9-10 years he owned it before selling it back to Chevy. Did they say?
Not sure by the time he sold it, but can tell you that AT the 2001 Nationals (also in Detroit) the total was just over 1000 miles (1K, not 10K). He lived a couple hundred miles from Detroit and DROVE the car there.

In other words, he put about 30% of the TOTAL miles on the car at that point on it in that ONE trip ;)

I'd be really surprised if the car has over 5K on it now...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The GM Heritage Center is one place I would love to visit! Was thinking this year would have been a good year to try and make it to the Nats with that happening too. Not easy to make the trip being on the other side of the world. Work and other commitments clashed with the dates.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not sure by the time he sold it, but can tell you that AT the 2001 Nationals (also in Detroit) the total was just over 1000 miles (1K, not 10K). He lived a couple hundred miles from Detroit and DROVE the car there.

In other words, he put about 30% of the TOTAL miles on the car at that point on it in that ONE trip ;)

I'd be really surprised if the car has over 5K on it now...

As of 8/22/2012 the car has 1898 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts