Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
383 stroker! My car is going to be daily drive some times. This car will not see the track. should I get this heads fully ported or just do a 3 angle valve job? I want some big horse power an still drive an be happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to get in the 430hp range. what u mean you wouldn't worry about the valve job. Is that a waste of time an money. I will run this car on the street.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The LT4 heads already flow really well out of the box... I wouldn't be surprised if they have a compareable 3 angle done to them out of them box. Many new performance heads already do.

You should be fine using them as is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bingo

I remember the often quoted article where somebody put stock LT4 heads and the LT4 hot cam in a a stock bottom end 350. I do believe it had been converted to carburator, but still. They got over 420hp from the combo. Since you're building up the bottom end, just put some higher compression pistons in and a bigger cam and you'll get there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by AdioSS:
bingo

I remember the often quoted article where somebody put stock LT4 heads and the LT4 hot cam in a a stock bottom end 350. I do believe it had been converted to carburator, but still. They got over 420hp from the combo. Since you're building up the bottom end, just put some higher compression pistons in and a bigger cam and you'll get there.
Those were actually the stock IRON heads in the article. The ZZ430 was a limited edition of the ZZ4 engine with fast burn heads and the HOT cam. The fast burn heads are normal flow clones of the LT4 heads. The ZZ430 was so popular that you can still buy the same engine (although not as a limited edition item) here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only problem is that the ZZ430 is not an LT1 Engine. Though you could use modifying the FI Intake Manifold and stick in a Low Profile Distributor.

Dan Fahey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for catching that Stoney. I found that it had only 9.6:1 compression vs 10.8 from the LT4 heads. THat alone should make even more power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Dan Fahey:
The only problem is that the ZZ430 is not an LT1 Engine.
<snip>
Dan Fahey
Right, Dan, which is why I mentioned that the fast burn heads are LT4 clones - as in, "the fast burn heads are good for 430 hp, the LT4 heads should be good for about the same".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Drake:
Trying to get in the 430hp range. what u mean you wouldn't worry about the valve job. Is that a waste of time an money. I will run this car on the street.
You stated you wanted BIG HP. So why go (less than) half way? That is the way I interpreted the post.

The valve job ( a good one) will help. I consider the oem valve job to be garbage, so do it. Just don't stop there. A big 'choke' job in the throat area, so do that with the v. job. Then, you may as well do the bowl as well. The rest, along with valves themselves, will depend on how close to full potential, of the heads, you care to get. The valves are not much to brag about AFAIC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.