Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
1,045 Posts
51 Posts
It will never hit our shores. Unless ya move to the land down under, ya aint gonna get one here in the USA. Sorry gang. The new Caddy "wagon" looks like a styled blazer instead of a wagon.cwm8

· Registered
136 Posts
The Magnum was not that big of a seller. That's why they killed it.

Sales by year:

2004 36,897
2005 52,487
2006 40,095
2007 30,256
2008 6912

Those are hardly profitable numbers.
Yeah, I was about to ask "what popularity?" It was a fad car.

I read an article last year that said civilian cars getting axed, and they would only be available as a fleet car (similar to the Crown Vic), but I didn't see the magnum listed at the chrysler fleet website.

· Registered
261 Posts
I read an article last year that said civilian cars getting axed, and they would only be available as a fleet car (similar to the Crown Vic), but I didn't see the magnum listed at the chrysler fleet website.
Nope. Chrysler makes all it's larger cars (Charger, Challenger, 300, Magnum) at one plant, so the Maggie had to go to free up production for the Challenger.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Magnum was not that big of a seller. That's why they killed it.

Sales by year:

2004 36,897
2005 52,487
2006 40,095
2007 30,256
2008 6912

Those are hardly profitable numbers.
I think the fact that it was a dodge/chrysler was a downfall alone. but it did spark the intrest of many. as far as the cts caddi wagon goes its nice but still seams more like a suv crossover. i just think gm should have considered the history there wagons have had in this country and what they have meant as a whole. a wagon in my eyes meant family thats why i bought mine, after my first baby was born there was no other car i was going to roll. suvs are great and all but there twice the size and no more room than a full size sedan.
Im just saying it would be nice to have a full size GM chevy or buick branded wagon hit the streets.

· Premium Member
724 Posts
GM is not bringing the G8 back as a Chevrolet, despite it's rave reviews and surge in popularity. Bringing a wagon over is even less likely; wagons are still "uncool" to the general public (as if they were ever "cool").

Honestly, I don't expect the CTS wagon to be around long. The Cadillac crowd is not the crowd that'll be buying wagons and it'll be out of the price range of those who would consider such a car.

· Registered
159 Posts
Honestly, I don't expect the CTS wagon to be around long. The Cadillac crowd is not the crowd that'll be buying wagons and it'll be out of the price range of those who would consider such a car.

I am hoping they get smart with the pricing.. they have to be able to compete with the Mercedes E class wagon and BMW 5 series wagons...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.