Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted that pic here a long time ago, a friend of mine in Minnesota sent it to me.

Now thats a true "mullet ride"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's an '86 Caprice wagon 4x4 in Syracuse, NY. Grafted a suburban front suspension and drivetrain onto the caprice frame. Not terribly jacked up either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, that is just a tire.

I dont understand why you would jack it up, if your not gonna make it 4x4, or put 26's on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually think it would be pretty cool the have a 4wd wagon. But if I were going to do it, it wouldn't jack it way up. Like all my mods, I'd want it to look like the factory put it there.

I'd want to use an independent front suspension. S-10 trucks/blazers and some 1/2 ton trucks already use the 4L60e trans and 10 bolt rear so just add the transfer case and tail shaft, shorten the driveshaft. Then it's just a matter of installing some IFS that fits under the oil pan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
take a close look at front hubs. sure look like lock outs to me. hmmmm 4wd wagon. i have my 91 just sitting in weeds... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Bone Stock:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />shelrock9c1:
'86 Caprice wagon 4x4 in Syracuse, NY.
If ever a place needed one, that's the place. :D </font>[/QUOTE]Never underestimate the power of good snowtires.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.