Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting on the onramp today, it was probably a 2004 GMC Sierra extended cab with a V8 raced me on the ramp from a green light, we were both first in line. He was pulling pretty good, just walked right past, I ended up taking my foot off the gas to let him merge infront of me.

Either something is wrong with the car, or these 2.56 make these things feel like a slug.

I got 22 Mpg on my trip home from Miami, didnt check the PSI in the tires, alignment way off, oil 15W40, cruise control out.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was it a 2 wheeler?

The crew cab Z71 06 Sierra with a 5.3 in it, is OK speed wise.. but its not like the impala.

Drive by wire just totaly blows ass.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2.56 gears makes the car so slow, that a honda can be up there with you, but if you do a gear swap to the 3 series you will be ok.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by caplt4:
the 2.56 gears makes the car so slow, that a honda can be up there with you, but if you do a gear swap to the 3 series you will be ok.
Just what I was about to presume. Among other small powertrain issues, it's likely the difference between the 2:56 and even the 2:93 on your other two that you're noticing, and that can make quite a difference.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Race him again 80+....

Time for a gear swap.... You'll love it.

Still, they are a little heavier, they have 300-320 hp and much more power upstairs than the LT1 has. So if you can't get the revs up to get to peak power, you can't make good use of the power you have.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was it a 6.0 liter or a Duramax?

If it was a Duramax, you had no chance. My friend has a fully tuned Duramax pushing over 700 ft/lbs of torque.. it is insane!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Shame in losing to a GMC my buddy has a 2001 5.3 chevy super cab 2x4 and he smokes my 89 caddy fleet. and I have a 350 olds under the hood. Hell if you want something to really ease the pain I got beat once by a 2006 rented mustang convertable v-6. and I was in my work truck 96 F-250 with a 5.8 V-8 aint this truck aint no joke. but it was to this guy. I had him on the launch and everthing and he drove right past me.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 2.56s and I run a 15.1 with very minimal mods. I know my car would make a GMC truck feel very foolish for even trying

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my 95 moves like a beast, it was different giving the stock 94 gas, it moved as smooth as the Greyhound I rode on, but moved quicker.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not a fleetwood i know but i ran against a guy in a like a '04 Z71 the other day and completely killed him. he heard the straight pipes at a light and asked if i wanted to run him. so we turned the corner came to a stop and punched it. there wasn't even a race, i pulled past him and went flying. i got so far ahead i didn't even see where he stopped and turned onto a side street.

MOD that fleet, gears and pcm and the best mods imo.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MOD that fleet, gears and pcm and the best mods imo.
If you're only going to do two things to the car, that would be my reccommendation as well.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PCM is gonna be the next, I have 3.73 gears but need an Eaton POSI unit. That will wait a little. The tranny has was built, has a 2,200 stall and 2.5 inch exhaust, it helps out big! It amazes me how it moves when I romp on it at 20.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts