Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Check here.

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=17113187

This is a good place, the people are very cool, and helpful. I've had them call me to change the shipping arrangements to help me save money. They've also called to be sure I did or did not need accessory parts like gaskets and such. Very cool if you happen to forget to order something like that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I know of RMS, but I don't think I'll get the valve in time, the car has to be up and running by Wednesday...............looking for an alternative to an AC Delco.

I don't really need one, but I took the TB apart to clean it and replace gaskets since I just had to do the coolant sensor, figured while it's apart, might as well change the IAC, car is approaching 106,000 miles

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
probably doesn't need replacing. clean it with throttle body cleaner, don't touch it too much. Ohm it out, and it should be fine. No need to spend$80 on it unless it's broken.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What Matt said.....don't replace it......it's one of the few parts I hear very little about on this forum....which is a good thing.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Theres 4 terminals in the iac connector plug input. Using an ohm meter, starting at one side of the connector, test the first two terminals, then go over to the other two. Each set should read somewhere between 40 and 80 ohms. Infinate resistance, no resistance or readings outside that means its gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.